Are you and your family struggling to eat healthy while sheltering at home? Are you snacking more frequently, and not on nutritious foods? Our Healthy Women, Healthy Families program has a list of tips to keep your nutrition on track and kick those boredom snack sessions!
• Plan meals ahead to make sure you have healthy options available
• Choose new healthy recipes to make with your family
• Ditch unhealthy snacks and grab fresh fruit or vegetables with light dressing
• Involve kids in age appropriate ways (rinsing veggies, peeling bananas, etc.)
• Avoid or limit buying unhealthy snacks
• Pick a new fruit or vegetable to try when grocery shopping
• Only eat when you’re feeling hungry
Pregnant women especially need to eat healthy and stay hydrated to provide the nutrients babies need to grow. And if you have children, it's important that you teach them good eating habits now.
Healthy Women, Healthy Families can help you and your family make healthier food choices. To learn more about the program, call the Connection at 1-800-611-8326 (in Atlantic, Burlington, Camden or Cape May counties) or CGS Connect at 856-431-4180 (in Cumberland, Gloucester or Salem counties).
For more nutrition information, recipes and age appropriate activities for children, check out the USDA’s Choose My Plate website.