Ask, Advise, Refer Webinar
Ask Advise & Refer
Intended for the perinatal and pediatric provider community, this webinar instructs offices on how to implement a brief smoking cessation intervention for patients. Includes overview of dangers of tobacco. AA&R trained offices are eligible to obtain customized fax referral forms.
Before accessing the video, viewers must complete a brief pre test. Following the video, there is a post test. Completion of both tests is required to receive continuing education credits. Certificates will be emailed to participants.
As a result of viewing this webinar, participants will:
1) Increase their knowledge of the impact that tobacco use, second hand smoke exposure, and third hand smoke exposure has on their patients’ health.
2) Be able to formulate a plan to implement an evidence based brief intervention model in their practice setting.
3) Be able to apply evidence based strategies to increase their screening of tobacco use and referral to cessation programs in their practice.
Cathy Butler, MA, BSW, CSW, CTTS
Barbara E. Heinz LSW, MSW, CPS, CTTS
The speakers have declared that they have nothing to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
Nurses: Participants who complete the program will be awarded 1 Nursing Contact Hours by the Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative.
Social Workers: This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886502628-2375) for 1 Social Work continuing education contact hour.
The Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. P# P106-11/12-15
Please note: Accredited status does not imply endorsement by NJSNA, the Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative, or ANCC of any commercial products or services.
Click on button to start Ask, Advise,Refer Webinar
If you have any problem with this webinar, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This video is hosted on Vimeo. Reasons you may be having trouble may include:
- A firewall or anti-virus software is blocking access. Check with your agency’s IT department and/or review your own security systems.
- How you access the internet may be the issue. You may have to approve (ie whitelist) domain names associated with Vimeo. See list below. A common problem with proxy servers, private networks or if you are trying to embed the video on a company intranet.